Camping can be a lot of fun, but keeping clean requires extra effort. Sure, you might want to embrace your "natural" scent, but good hygiene can kill germs and help you avoid dreaded trail illnesses.
A lot of hygiene products tend to have fragrances, which can attract bugs and even bears. Ensō Apothecary's Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap and Ensō Sapō Wash Net are perfect for camping because they're unscented, also our bar soap is biodegradable, and comes in reusable packaging.
Here are five ways you can use these products to stay clean during your outdoor adventure:
1. Use the Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap for Trail Showers: Ensō Apothecary's Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap is an all-in-one solution for your body, hair, and skin that contains only one ingredient — virgin coconut oil. This unscented bar soap possesses antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties that make it great for all skin types regardless of the outdoor elements. It also releases a generous creamy lather that deep cleans and nourishes your skin, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
2. Use the Sapō Wash Net for a Speedy Sponge Bath: Too cold out or no time to shower? The Ensō Sapō Wash Net is an excellent way to get a quick clean in. Made with 100% sustainable nylon, it's easy to pack, won't hold odor or bacteria, and will last for years. Lather the Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap onto a wet Sapō Wash Net, then scrub away sweat and dirt. Just rinse and hang dry after each use and you're good to go.
3. Use the Sapō Wash Net for Dishwashing: Hand-to-mouth infections are a frequent cause of trail illnesses. To combat that, you can use the Ensō Sapō Wash Net as a dishwashing scrubber. It's tough enough to scrub away food particles and grease without scratching. Cut to size for cups, or leave at current length for big pots. You can even add a small amount of the Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap to it to clean your campfire dishes, utensils, and cookware.
4. Use the Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap to Wash Your Pets: If you're bringing your furry friend along on your camping trip, clean them off with the Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap. It's so gentle on their fur that it won't strip their natural oils. Simply wet their fur, lather up with the Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap, and rinse thoroughly.
5. Use the Sapō Wash Net to Clean Your Gear: The Ensō Sapō Wash Net can also be used to clear off dirt and grime your camping gear. Dab mild soap or gentle, unscented detergent onto the Sapō Wash Net to scrub away mildew or mold from your tent, sleeping bag, and other equipment. It's durable enough to withstand tough cleaning jobs and won't hold onto bacteria or odors.
Don't forget to check out our full line of Ensō Apothecary products, including our Zen on the Go collection, which is designed to keep you clean at home or out in the great outdoors. You can now find our products, including the Ensō Sapō and Pure Coconut Oil Bar Soap, at the REI Plano, Texas store location.
This blog was written by Tamara Johnson, CEO and founder of Ensō Apothecary, and edited by Andrea Ordonez. Ensō Apothecary is a lifestyle brand that offers everyday essentials to enhance your holistic self-care routine. Click here to find out more about our vegan skincare product line and here to take on-demand yoga classes.
Leave a comment